- 1, 14oz block extra firm tofu, drained
- 16-20oz* dry pasta [GF quinoa linguine]
- 1 large head kale, well chopped
- 3c marinara sauce or a 24oz jar
- 1/4c grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2t garlic, minced
- 1t dried oregano
- 1/4-1/2t salt
- 1-2t safflower oil
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes [opt]
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. If using GF pasta, make sure to rinse with cold water to help prevent sticking and gumminess.
- While cooking add the drained tofu, marinara sauce, parmesan [or 3T nutritional yeast for vegan option], garlic, oregano, 1/4t salt, and black pepper to your blender and turn on.
- Stop once creamy and smooth. Taste and add more seasonings if desired.
- In a large pan add the 1-2t oil over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the kale and cook for 2-4min until wilted.
- Add the pasta to the pan and as much sauce as desired, then cook until heated through.
- Serve immediately or portion into small baking dishes and broil on the top rack with extra cheese on top for 1-3min until bubbly. Top with red pepper flakes if desired.
notes: *The sauce makes a lot but it also thickens quite a bit when heated. Using 16-20oz of pasta will most likely leave you with extra sauce. The sauce should keep for up to 4 days in sealed container in the fridge if you have extra. I recommend reheating the pasta + sauce together in a pan or pot over med-low heat and adding more sauce or milk to make the mixture creamy again [thickens in the fridge]. I do not recommend reheating in the microwave. 3T nutritional yeast instead of parmesan cheese for a vegan option. My favorite tofu is the organic, non-GMO, sprouted tofu by Wildwood.
If you have leftover sauce, enjoy it off a spoon or warmed in a pan + poured overtop your veggies.