See this and more amazing recipes at pamelasalzman.com
1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
¼ cup almond meal or sesame seeds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
½ cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts and almonds, but pecans are great, too)
1 cup unsulphured dried fruit, chopped (I used dried dates and blueberries)
3 ripe bananas or 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, coconut, almond meal, cinnamon and salt. Add the nuts and dried fruit combine with the mixture, breaking up the dried fruit so it doesn’t clump together (I use my hands to mix this.)
3. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas and stir in the oil and vanilla.
4. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir to combine.
5. Take scoops of the batter either with a 1/3 cup or ¼ cup measuring cup and drop the batter onto the prepared baking sheets. Flatten with your hand to about ¾-inch thick. Bake for a about 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Store in the fridge after a few days or wrap and freeze.